What Will I try?

To me, A's behaviour is a constantly changing phenomenon.  There are times when I can not reach him at all, while at other times he allows me to get quite close, emotionally.

Here is what I'm going to try:


1. Give him a completely different learning programme from the rest of the class



  • He will have four tasks to complete that day - three academic and one construction / design task
  • The tasks will be simple
  • He will work in order of the tasks
  • Many will be online
  • He will have a set table with a reliable computer
  • The tasks will be taped to his table each morning
  • They will be checked off
  • He can earn S100 for each day he completes the tasks
  • There will be no consequence for not achieving the tasks.
Here is a sample week's programme:


2.  I also expect A to attend workshops and full class activities such as Personal Investigations, Shared Book, PE...

3.  I will try, try, try to understand where A is coming from.  I need to learn to read his signs and pre-empt blow-ups if I can.

4.  I will make sure A has his tablet at morning tea.  I have seen what he is like when he hasn't taken it...

5.  I will work with the other students to support Ashtona.  They will need to encourage where possible and ignore when necessary. A needs to feel we are backing him.


No comments:

Post a Comment