- No student wants to be naughty. I did know this, but it’s good to be reminded and have it brought to the forefront.
- There is a lot to learn from other teachers
- Although I thought I was giving choice to students, it was in narrow parameters eg Selina’s way of encouraging and giving credence to different interests and learning styles
- Aroha should be shared between fewer learners. I know this as I write reports - I'm really fishing round for many genuine, individual comments.
- Creativity and the kids’ interests can be catered for in a single class space.
- Kids can learn anything, but there should be rigour - numeracy and literacy are still vital
- My Term Four SDL was pretty good actually. Students chose their learning in many learning areas, peer tutored, ran or attended workshops and went through a constant cycle of trying, reflecting, improving, sharing both individually and collaboratively.
- With smaller classes, I can give more passion and put more fire under the wings of my learners
I believe Modern Learning Environments as Core Ed would define them suit some students and teachers better than others.
I believe that a single classroom space can be a Modern Learning Environment.